Tuesday 25 August 2015

Edges of Australia :Power in Victoria, Loy Yang

I have spent the last couple of weeks in Victoria working with Opendrawer in Melbourne  and Fibre Arts Australia   The population of the area is powered by power stations in the Gippsland near Tralorgan where I stayed.  These have a strange beauty of their own.


 I had a brief visit and found this compelling image appeared in a small sample for demonstration. I am keeping a selection of these small pieces as a recording of my visit around the 'Edges of Australia '  In Melbourne I was able to visit one of my favourite Australian artist John Wolesely in his exhibition Heartlands and Headwaters at the National Gallery.   His Heron at Loy Yang reflects his love of the land and its complexity. National Gallery of Victoria

 I loved my quiet journey on the train in typical winter weather.  I had time to reflect and prepare for the next stage my trip. The colours were reflected in the print colours at the Tralorgan workshop.

The sketches below from Opendrawer  below made a good start to a project investigating cloth.Tcloth.Thankyou to Glenys Mann at Tralorgan and the workshop team at Opendrawer or all their help on this stage. 

 Finally some of Tea Flora Tales is on show in the window of Opendrawer.  Feel free to pop in and look or contribute a piece.(Information about this project appears in the drop down menu on this blog).








4 comments:

  1. Looks like you've been having a great time in Australia. I've just bought your new book and loving it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Karen. I am fortunate indeed to be able to travel to Australia and give much thanks to Glenys Mann and Fibre Arts Australia and all involved for helping to make it possible

      Delete
    2. Thankyou Karen. I am fortunate indeed to be able to travel to Australia and give much thanks to Glenys Mann and Fibre Arts Australia and all involved for helping to make it possible

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Công ty vận chuyển hàng nước ngoài FadoExpress hàng đầu chuyên vận chuyển, chuyển phát nhanh siêu tốc đi khắp thế giới, nổi bật là dịch vụ gửi hàng đi mỹ, gửi hàng đi úcgửi hàng đi đài loan và dịch vụ chuyển phát nhanh đi hàn quốc uy tín, giá rẻ

    ReplyDelete