Thursday 4 April 2013

Melbourne work and play

Left Hong Kong behind but not quite left behind the memories. Piece below is 'Tin Hau Red Bowl'. 

Arrived in Melbourne on Monday and been out and about in the city as well as running workshop Inevitably, I found some magpies.

 

The shop is in Fitzroy area of the city full of old houses with beautiful iron work and tin roofs.

I walked most of the city centre from the Victoria Market in the North with the most wonderful fish and general produce.
 To the famous Flinders station in the South where I picked up a train for Toorak road the area I was staying and working.



Images just outside Opendrawer, a wonderful shop, gallery and workshop full of a mix of hand -made craft goods, and a good body of workshops on offer. Below are a few more pieces to be added to Tea, Flora, Tales generously made by students on my workshop.


Top Left to right: Annette Hyland, Ro Bruhn,Sue Dilley.
Bottom:Lisa Churchward,Peta Lorback, Judith Lawler


1 comment:

  1. It was wonderful to meet you Cas. I had a great time in the class and have made another small piece to add to my latest journal. Enjoy the rest of your stay and have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete